Saturday, August 29, 2009

Teenage Artists Published In Online Gallery

Meet Sarah Shipman. Sarah is 19 and will be 20 in September 2009. She was born and raised in North Texas, in the Dallas Region (the most liberal part of Texas, she says.) Visit her at www.artcardist.com
What Sarah has to say about herself and art cards: "People have always asked me where I learned to draw or if I could teach them, but what I have is an innate ability to just draw or sculpt anything that's in my head, well except for the REALLY crazy dreams I have, those stay in my head. I've always been into art, since before I can remember. Officially, I wanted to be a Bird when I grew up, but I always new I was an artist."
Maze
Maze
"My mom tells a story where when I was a baby, less than two years old, she would sit me in her lap and draw pictures for me. she used to interact with me like that ALOT. but she's not a fantastic artist or anything. she would just draw the same cat, dog and mouse over and over, but one would have different ears, a different face or tail, etc.
One day I asked her to draw me a 'REAL mouse' and she explained it was the best she could do, so I suppose she set me up with some paints and paper and I got to work. she says when I called her over to see my work, she was shocked and a little afraid, because hse had no idea babies could paint so well. sure enough, it was a REAL mouse, hunched over like mice do. My mother explained it WAS beautiful."
Drakozi
Drakozi
"I takes me about an hour to create my zodiac ATC cards. Frankly, I don't know what makes me so fast and yet so good. I'm sorry, it's the only thing I can brag about. On the other hand, it's good to not get TOO over-confident and really push yourself to improve and NEVER stop with 'well, it's pretty good, I'll just turn this in like it is,' because nothing is EVER really perfect. I love making the custom Etsy ACEO cards."
Girl
Girl
How Sarah Started With Art Cards:
"I was in a little sort of privately-own art supply shop where they have every art supply under the sun, I mean EVERYTHING and I was getting new supplies for the beginning semester of my first real college art class when I saw a packs of blank ATC cards at the counter in a big display. I've always loved cards ever since the poke'mon and Digimon phenomena (digimon came FIRST!!) and I bought one of every kind of card pack they had except acrylic, since I don't have any acrylic paints. (the very same cards are in the advertisements on this site last I checked)."
Ox Girl
Ox Girl
"I took the art cards home, completely stoked and after thinking about what I should do, I made a couple. I wasn't into Esty yet, so I didn't think much of selling them, I just wanted to TRADE and was really excited. sadly, I never found a decent organization to trade through and I didn't have the will to make, like, 20 cards for a BIG trade. When I was fully into Etsy and my shop, I came up with the idea of making ATC cards to go along with the stuffed animals and plushies I was making, and with ONE lady, it was a huge hit! I also make 'Zodiac Pals' custom birthday cards where I combine someone's Greek Zodiac character with their Chinese Zodiac character, and that's been a huge hit! I love making them in my illustration-style, though I can do LOADS of styles!"
Card of Flower
Card of Flower

Sarah became an Artcardist on August 26, 2009.


Do you draw and paint your own ACEO? ACEO has become one of the hottest selling collectibles on the internet. Arm yourself with knowledge critical for selling ACEO and other fine art.
Let Colin Ruffel show you how with his ebook.
You, too, can sell more art!

No comments:

Post a Comment